Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Easy and Cute Memo/Picture Board



I have been trying to work on some more quick and easy projects this past week since I didn't have to end up flying my trip. Yahoo! :)


I have seen these cute wooden painted and distressed picture/memo boards all over blogland reccently (unfortunately I can't remember all of the links to give credit where credit is due.) That's bad blogger etiquette and I apologize. Sorry!:(


First I took a wooden plaque that I already had on hand. I purchased this for less than $1 with a 40% coupon at Hobby Lobby. I drew where I wanted the holes to go and my sweet husband drilled them for me. Yes, I know, I could have done this myself, but I wanted him to feel useful! HA!:)) Afterward, I painted it with acrylic paint, let it dry, then sanded the edges with my beloved Mouse sander. I honestly don't know what I would do without that thing! After I got the distressed look that I love, I glued a bulldog clip(that is their official name I believe, but when I was searching for them at the store I just asked for magnetic clips) between the holes to hold a picture or note, or whatever you want to put there. Then I chose a ribbon and pushed it through the holes with a nail, tied it in a bow and just hung it by the ribbon on the back. You can also sit it on a stand if you have run out of wall space to hang things.



Shown below are the different items that I used. I have made a couple of them now for gifts and actually kept one for myself. These are so easy to make and take no time at all. You can make them in any color combination that matches your decor. Just have fun playing around with different ribbons, twine, raffia, burlap, and jute. I love the texture of three different ones put together.







The was first board that I painted. I chose white, then used glaze to antique it and give it a bit of a faux finish.


This is the black one that I made for myself. I haven't found a place to hang it yet, since I seem to be running out of wall space in my kitchen.


This is one that I made for a gift. I used a wallet size photo on the square ones since a 4x6 is a little too big unless you cut it down a little.
















No comments:

Post a Comment